Re: Equine Endurance Thrills

>Tell your story.  What gives you the biggest trill at an endurance
>ride?

My biggest thrill to date has been my 1st and still only win on a 50.
There were the 3 of us.
All during thewhole ride it was the 2 of us together. Then we 2 got
 lost and there were 3.  Anyway, we  3 came down a steep hill. I was 3rd.
The horse
 in front trotted down quickly. The horse in front of me was slow and I
had no room to pass.
Up ahead the 1st horse had hit bottom and turned down the homestretch. I
hit a little later, said
excuse me and passed the slow one. Up ahead, the other was running in. I
asked for my mare's
heart and soul and got it. On wings, we flew in. We had ridden all day,
in rain and cold, and she
still did this for me. We passed the other horse as if he was standing
still.  I will never forget the rush
as we passed under the finish line banner. Even better, on this, her 1st
fast 50, she seemed less
tired afterwards and never seemed to need a recovery period. Alas, at 144
lbs, BC was beyond us, but
I won't forget the feeling of power and glory as she responded so
strongly  to the challenge at hand.

Kris

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]