sesamoiditis

Ok campers, I am ready to ask you all a question. I have talked with Tom who
has been very helpful but I had to wait unitl I am ready to hear what you
fellow endurance riders may say and I think I am, so.....
About 5 weeks ago my main mare, my partner, my bud, was diagnosed with
sesamoiditis. One evening her ankle filled so I had her checked. Radiograghs
show bony changes on the sesamoid bone but there is no lameness and apparantly
no ligamentous involvement. My vet, Dr. Peggy says she is not too worried
about it and that I should continue to compete. I have raised the angles to
56, she is in egg bars and is getting a round of adequan and the daily oral
arthrisoothe. I won't ride her in deep sand any more (no easy feat living in
the Ocala Forest). But I am thinking if I stop competing with her I may have
her for a riding partner for many more years than I would racing 50's. or
attempting a 100. You know we ride hard just for fun too!
Anyway,, any experience, strength or hope any of you out there may have with
this would be greatly appreciated.

Donna in Altoona