Re: abcess questions / my new saddle / no guns here!!!

In a message dated 98-03-04 18:27:52 EST, PLOUGH1@ix.netcom.com writes:

<< Are there any flaws to
 this plan I don't foresee?  Is there any way to test the hoof to ensure
 he is ready to go back to pasture?  I'm assuming the hole is filling in
 from the inside out, but this is a first for me! >>

Watch closely because you're covering up an infection that can easily become
worse. Drainage is the best procedure until you're sure the infection is gone.
Pads may give you peace of mind, but they can cover up a lot of continuing,
worsening trouble. We just had a horse in that had infection spread to the
coffin bone that now need surgery and may not come back to full performance
because part of the coffin bone was eaten away during the infection.

ti