Yes, maybe we do need guns

I haven't finished reading this evenings mailbox full of ridecamps, but I must
tell you folks something.

Some time ago I protested the pornography that popped up in my ridecamp. I got
flamed pretty heavily for it.

 Somehow, Steph, you fixed it, thank you ever so much.

But..(and I mentioned this in my letter to the camp in general)
whether you like guns or not, let me tell you all this. I got a letter from a
genuine dyed in the wool sociopath. He very obscenely and very angrily told me
that he had all the right in the world to put porn on the Internet (I learned
later that he does not but this won't stop him) and that I was infringing on
his First Amendment Rights. He called me all sorts of vile things..which hurts
me about as much as a gnat does.......but he did threaten me.

LISTEN UP FOLKS.................this man did not give me his name or his true
addresss, but he claimed to be a frequent competitor in endurance riding. He
told me he would find me at a ride, hide in the woods and when I came by, he
would shoot my horse and then rape me with various items and in various ways,
mutilate me and slowly murder me. These are the threats I told you about in my
letter to the camp.

I am not afraid of this man, but even if he is nothing but boast, he's out
there. I carry a gun to defend myself against human predators. Whether we like
it or not, there are sickos out there who enjoy hurting people, killing
people, and destroying lives.
They are out there and there's nothing they respect..not you, not the law, not
common decency, nothing.

It's time to stop hiding our heads in the sand. It's time to realize that our
legal system has failed us and that it is up to us to defend ourselves. The
monsters are out there and have nothing to fear.

DOes this mean we must all go armed?

No. But why do the anti gun people consider those of us who choose to defend
ourselves, rather than waiting for Mr. Policeman to come to our screams, (and
Mr. Lawyer to let the monster off with a slap on the wrist) as "gun nuts" or
"vigilantes"?

Rather than answer this, read the papers. A monster like Lawrence Singleton
was given several chances to "rehabilitate" AFTER he raped and tortured a 15
year old girl and chopped off her arms. Hey, he was a model prisoner..he did
only 8 years of a 14 year sentence because he was a good boy in prison. (not
too hard to understand when you consider that there's  no 15 year old girls in
a men's prison.)

What's to become of him? Well, after he raped and murdered another woman, he's
going to get the death penalty. He's only 70 years old. He's had a nice long
career  of being a monster. The victim without arms is now a mother of two in
Tacoma...and her life has been nothing but misery, poverty and terror.

If she'd had a gun, she'd probably still have her arms.

Thanks, for my ten cents worth.
Michelle