Re: now you've got me worried!

Ping-pong balls up the nose are absolutely NOT a humane way to die.  Not
to bring up ancient history, but I was once in an accident where I
suffocated and came close to dying and I can tell you first-hand that it
is an excruciatingly painful and horrifying way to go out.  Close to 20
years later, I still wake up screaming if I get my pillow over my head
at night.  If you are in the position of having to put down a horse and
a gun is not available, I would think slitting the jugular vein with a
knife would be much preferable (messier but less painful), but I'll
leave the final say-so up to Heidi or one of the other DVMs on the
list.  But ping pong balls aint it.

Susan