Re: Weapon as camping equipment?

I recommend that you use what is best for you. If you perfer a handgun
             please be proficient in its use AND check carefully the laws where you
             are going and camping. All federal land is "no guns". Many states have
             specific laws for transporting guns.

             Keep your eyes open and try not to place yourself in a position of risk.
             If you feel risk move somewhere else, do not worry about offending a new
             friend they might not be.

             /s/ Frank in  Florida

Hey, State PARKS prohibit guns, but state FORESTS do not.  I LIVE in Wayne Nat'l Forest in Ohio and carry a 357.  I rode the Tetons, Big Horns, etc. and wouldn't DREAM of riding without one....

Transporting?  I take my chances.  Rides that don't allow dogs...EXPECT me to arrive with my 357...(not visible, though. for safety on the road, not at the ride...same reason for dogs).

Teddy