one last mention of weapons

I have to tell you all a story. My brother is a top Air Force marksman
withthe M-16, teaches shooting for the Air National Guard, and has guns
galore. He is an avid hunter, reloads his own bullets, always carries a gun
in his car.

He also has always wanted to be a hero. One night, while he was soundly
sleeping on my mom's sofa in the living room, three escaped convicts came
into mom and dad's house, into the room right next to my brother, stole
blue jeans, peanut butter and bread and the car keys (and car). Ted didn't
know about it until he woke up the next morning and looked for some clean
jeans....

His one chance to be a hero and he slept through it! Probably a good thing.

this is a true story. My parents live in Leavenworth County, Kan. - site of
a federal penitentiary, two state prisons, and a military prison.

chris paus (I may be weaponless, but I have knocked a big man down with my
elbow) and star