Glenda's story/ Weapons (last remark from me)

Oh Glenda, I loved your ride story - oh I laughed and laughed and really
could relate!
Thanks for sharing it! I pulled on my 2nd 50 - and I learned more from that
first pull then I did from the previous years of LD and conditioning. I
learned what questions to ask. And I really appreciate your descriptions of
the fanny pack/holster. Thanks.

To all: my server didn't send the list to me all day yesterday so the only
way I
knew what was going on was due to people responding to my post on the list
and copying it to me. Thanks to all of you! I ended up cleaning my house
between checking my e-mail. What a horrid day that was. I certainly hope I
don't go through another day like that!  My husband came home and said this
place looks like the barn! Are you sick? :)

I rode with a few women back home who did carry guns and I wasn't that fond
of the idea. (a joke: I kept my sense of humor turned down to minimal - no
smart remarks. The only time anyone has seen me shy and quiet is when they
told me they were "packing"... or around strangers). Their husbands
insisted on it - yes they took the training etc etc. I think I will
investigate this further even though I would prefer not to carry any weapon
(even pepper spray) but I do ride alone, I haul alone and I don't want MY
freedom compromised. I think there is something to be said for being able
to protect yourself when put at bay - when all else fails.

 And to Raymond O'Donohue: who wrote: "if I had a daughter traveling around
in an adventurous lifestyle, I'd sure feel better if she had a pistol."
You can adopt me. So much for my wariness around strangers...

Cathy Adair
Ash Grove MO