Re: starting the young horse

In a message dated 98-03-03 02:50:18 EST, greenall@vermontel.com writes:

<< First they must learn to do something else and
 do it fairly well.  Some I have driven, some do basic dressage, some
 fox hunt.  I have found that once they have been to a show or two,
 they relax and become a partner. >>

EXCELLENT point, and one I wish more people would heed.  The "life education"
is an invaluable part of the horse's education for endurance.

Heidi Smith, DVM--Sagehill Arabians (Oregon)