Weapons while camping

Boy I sure touched one off that time!It seems in the ensuing
posts,that many of the usual points have already been touched upon,but
here is another:absent a weapon,present a human predator,civilization is
replaced by the law of the jungle:can you or can you not "whup" the
guy?(probably not-predators are cowards and will look for odds in their
favor before selecting you.And they probably DO have a weapon to go along
with their big muscles.)I specifically stated in suggesting a weapon that
a young lady was NOT likely to need one in a ridecamp,but might need one
somewhere-such a when stopped somewhere for a "horse rest stop" or a flat
tire.I'm not one of those folks who see danger everywhere-perhaps those
people should not keep a pistol around-but things do happen to young
women traveling,etc. We have eight unsolved murders of young women in Va.
over the last two years.If I had a daughter traveling around in an
adventurous lifestyle,I'd sure feel better if she had a pistol.Mine sits
beneath the floor mat of my truck,loaded,unused,and rusting.I don't give
it much thought.It's just there in case civilization has a relapse!