Re: Weapons while camping

Raymond wrote:
>women traveling,etc. We have eight unsolved murders of young women in Va.
>over the last two years.If I had a daughter traveling around in an
>adventurous lifestyle,I'd sure feel better if she had a pistol.Mine sits
>beneath the floor mat of my truck,loaded,unused,and rusting.I don't give
>it much thought.It's just there in case civilization has a relapse!

Many moons ago I met Patty Hearst.  We sold her a sheltie puppy.
She knew some friends of friends... anyways, the sheltie puppy
went into the front seat of the Mercedes.  The backseat was
occupied by a large protective German Shepherd.  This was after
the kidnapping.

I've always thought a large German Shepherd, Dobie, Malamute
or even completely unprotective Golden Retriever with bigggg
teeeeth is more of a deterrent.  And knowing your surroundings.

And I know all about using those Leatherman's tools as a weapon.
Almost cut off my own finger.  Thank goodness there's a bone in
the middle...

:) -  kat myers
in San Mateo (No.) Ca. with Magnum the TB ex-racer