Re: Cannon bone measurements

Usually, when you're referring to the cannon bone circumference, the
measurement is taken just below the knee.  When we did our Tevis study,
we took the measurements midway between the knee and the fetlock joints,
which is a slightly smaller measurement.

Just FYI, when we measured cannon bone circumferences at Tevis (a total
of 360 horses over two years), the average measurement was 7.14 inches
for horses that finished and 7.41 inches for horses that were pulled
(even though the pulled horses had a slightly higher average, this was
not considered a statistically significant difference).