Re: is this fair?

Kim,

.  So, what exactly, do you
>(25 mile
>riders who feel this way) mean when you say you want "respect".

It's not an action, it's an attitude. Not to be looked down apon for
doing
such a sissy distance. Not to be told you shouldn't be proud your horse
won a 25. Not to be told that , if my horse was so fast, then I should be
doing 50's. Like competing in 25's is such a bad thing. Maybe the horse
is physically ready for 50 milers, but not mentally (doesn't eat or drink
enough)
Then, not doing a 50, is responsible horsemanship. Putting your parnters
well being before your own wants and desires.  I've been to rides
 where the 25 milers were told, by the RM, that they were only there to
pay
 the bills. I enjoy the 50's more because then I get to ride longer and
test
myself and my horse harder. But I am still proud of my horse's 25 miler
placing record. Because no matter what anyone says, placing in that
distance ( to
a competitive rider) is important. AERC's motto is to finish is to win. A
25 miler
finish is a win and should be respected as such.

Kris

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]