Re: Sewing

Try looking for  "Cold Water Packs" .
These already have the crystals in them along with velcro type closures
making them easy to use. I have been using them for many years now, about
10. The Australian Connection carries them at $40 per pair. They seem
pricey but I find them very conventient, easy to use and work in places
where ice is at a premium (water too). You soak them in a buck for at
least an hour and they puff up with a lot of water.  Yes they cool by
evaporation (obviously), and they do get warm after about 30 minutes. I
just run about a cup of cold water into them at that time and they cool
right down. I have never had a leg swell up after using them, even with
slight injuries such as nicks fom rocks.

The Australian Connection can be reached at 916-791-1542, or by mail, 9274
Muir Way Granite Bay Ca, 95746. They also are on horse-shop at
www.endurance.net

My first pair of wraps had inferior crystals that retained bacteria and
molds, they rotted out in about a year of use but my latest 2 pairs have
lasted me several years. This is a warning about those crystals, which
were developed for agriculture to help retain water in dry climate soils.

Raymond Santana
Network  Operations
UC Davis Medical Center
Sacramento, CA