Re: Magic Water Crystals

>I am not sure that making leg wraps with the crystals will cool
>the horse off that much.

I have a set of these.  If you just use cold water they
do warm up too quickly.  So, after a suggestion probably
from this list I decided to freeze them.  After the ride
I went to put them on... and they were frozen shut.  Hm.
I stuck them into a bucket of water and after working with
them for 10 minutes got them unstuck.  But then they didn't
conform to the leg.

What works is to 1/2 freeze them... like a slush.  Then
they will stay cold for 20 minutes which is all you want
anyways.  Freeze them and then let them thaw half way in
a bucket of cold water.

:) - kat myers
in San Mateo (No.) Ca. with Magnum the TB ex-racer