Re: stirrups ...things I've learned./Italian Trooper?

There was no mention of pivoting bars.  It seemed to be a rigid tree,
with no panels of any sort between tree and horse. (If I remember
correctly.)  When you looked at it it looked like the seat was far above
the saddle, but it didn't really feel that way.  I couldn't reach the
stirrups, don't know about the balance.  They claimed Maggie Price had
just bought two of them.  I'm sorry, I do not remember the name of the
saddle.  I don't remember them mentioning the word Trooper.  I am
familiar with the Field Trial type saddles and this really didn't
resemble them.

Sorry I can't be of much help,
Angie

>from
4-5866]   Re that Italian
>saddle-was it a"Universal Pattern Trooper"?If it was
>,it may have had those pivoting sidebars I mentioned,and this would
>have
>accounted for the rep saying,in all sincerity,"it fits all
>horses".That's
>erroneous,of course,but pivoting side bars do go a long way toward
>solving the saddle fit problem.What was the brand name on that
>saddle?I've not seen an Italian trooper,but I did recently  see a
>photo
>of mounted present day border militia in China or Mongolia or
>Gazeekistan
>or some-such,mounted on-you guessed it-bronze arch slung-seat trooper
>saddles,all rather the worse for wear,as were the riders.Tough looking
>
>characters!I'll bet they'd be competitve in Endurance competition.

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]