Re: sanctioing LD rides

Hi Steph, welcome home,

This was written to you personally, but I'll post it on RC for general
information and discussion as well.

Here in the Northwest Region we have a number of PNER Rides that offer
training events of less than 25 miles.  At the Sunday Board meeting in
KY, I asked if these events must be sanctioned as well?  The response
was "no" in that they are not LD rides be definition (see AERC rules and
bylaws).

I'm concerned that PNER training rides which are not sanctioned may fall
OUTSIDE the insurance coverages offered by AERC.  Do you (or anyone
else) have a current copy of the policy and declaration sheet issued to
RM's that you can send me?

Ramey