Re: is this fair?

When I bought my Arab, I hadn't even heard of endurance riding--all, right,
I admit it:  I bought her because she was BEAUTIFUL!!

When I discovered endurance riding, I was thrilled.  Here was something I
could do with my horse that didn't require a lot of special stuff (or so I
thought when I started).  I traded in my distance bike riding for distance
horse back riding--its much more fun and no one looks at your strangely for
talking to your horse!!

I started with 25s, noticed the price difference, and it just made me want
to be ready to do 50's all that much sooner.  However, when I start my colt
on endurance, I plan to bring him along slowly and we'll probably only do
25s for the first 2 years.  Although the cost is more per "mile," the ride
will be just as fun!

In fact--since all the peripheral costs are the same--HOW COME WE HAVE TO
PAY MORE FOR 50'S AND 75'S???

Okay, just kidding!!  I do think its a pretty fair system and a very
reasonable cost for the benefits!!

dorothy & elly
taylorsville

----------
> From: SandyDSA <SandyDSA@aol.com>
> To: ridecamp@endurance.net
> Subject: Re: is this fair?
> Date: Friday, January 23, 1998 9:15 AM
>
> Okay - I know a way to have everyone fell really good about the fees at
rides
> AND the really tough job RMs have in planning these rides for us to enjoy
- go
> to a rated Arabian or Saddlebred show. Check out their costs and don't
forget
> to count trainers fees. monthly training fees, stall fees, office fee
> (whatever the heck THAT is - new in 1989), tarnsport fees, 'handling fees
(now
> that you have paid for your horse to be traiend ALL MONTH, you ALSO get
to pay
> for the traienr to now HANDLE you horse), etc. You get my drift? Trust
me, you
> will come aaway thinking "Oh my goodness gracious sakes alive! How LUCKY
I am!