Re: is this fair?

<< 	When you think about it, for $55, you and your family can camp for the
 weekend, your horse is examined by a veterinarian 3 times,  you get a
 completion award and dinner, and you get to spend time with good
 friends.  It sounds like a great deal to me!

I don't get this, except that many of our riders have never participated in
other and generally Arabian related events, which are considerably more
expensive and less valuable in our minds. The cost of a ride, 25 or 50 miler,
is quite a bargain to us, and in fact, just factor in even ONE soundsness
check by a good vet and there you have it! In addition, regular competition
can also keep one abreast of a horse's continued condition, and so we feel it
is quite a bargain - a great dinner, a terrific ride, several checks by good
vets, the comraderie, and of course those terrific tees! No, we don't think
that teh 25 milers get soaked. Just a wee more respect is nice!
p.s.....and Terry gives us LOTS of that - and hot springs to boot!