In Search Of: The Perfect Boot

Glenda I've ridden in hiking boots for years.  I like them for the ankle
support, stiffness (steel shank) and good sole for when I have to get off
and walk on my own two feet.  Mine don't have defined heels but they are so
high and wide that I've never had a problem with them slipping too far
through the stirrup.
	I like Hi Tech Sierras because they are part nylon so my feet stay cooler
than they would in all leather.  The boots also dry out quicker than
leather which is good 'cause there is no way I can keep my feet dry between
the mud around the watering tanks and pouring water on my buddy to cool him
off.  (Of course, now in the winter when the mud is cold, my feet tend to
get a little chilly too but I wear thick sox and that helps.
Happy trails, Laney