dogs

We now have six dogs at home, and have always had dogs....In all the years
we have been to rides, they have never gone with us.  Th reasons are
obvious and have been stated clearly .

I do remember a couple times that there were dogs in  camp that werent
problems though.  On the outlaw trail one year, one of the riders dogs went
the whole 26o miles without som much as a peep or a misstep.  Wouldnt stay
in camp and followed the rider the whole way.  Sopmeone else had a
wonderful little schipperke on a retractable lead that was a joy to be
around and never caused any trouble.  And then of course Trilby always has
a "good dog" in her van.

but then it onoy takes one to mess up the fun for all.  My wife and i like
to think of ourselves a pretty good  dog handlers (she has three Ud degreed
dogs under her belt), but we never would take the cnhnce to bring the dogs
along.

The closes we ever came was taking ourt wenty year old siamese cat on the
outlaw trail.  he stayed in the truck with the crew.