To Be Or Not To Be...

Lauren - Ray Hunt says that if you happen to have a horse that doesn't
present you with any problems consider him a rare gift and don't assume
that "no problems" is the norm!
	As I work through the issues my relationship with my horse presents me
with, I think of all the people relationships in my life and remind myself
that none of them are problem-free and that it takes a lot of work to keep
any relationship healthy, thriving and developing.
	But...physical problems are one things and mental issues are another.  You
didn't describe what you're dealing with.  Physical limitations keep a lot
of horses out of endurance - its not for the weak of body or mind!  But, to
me (and I speak from personal experience), the biggest problems are a
mis-match between horse and rider personalities and lack of good training
for horse and rider.  Even though I have ridden for many years, it was all
"by the seat of my pants," and, in order to deal with my strong and
disrespectful horse, I had to go back to ground zero and learn horsemanship
and riding from the beginning.  As I learn and understand, he improves!
	If you have kids, remember horses are a lot like 2 and 3 year old
toddlers, or puppies.
	One of the greatest lessons I have learned from my horse is to enjoy the
process and not get obsessed with "goals."
Happy trails, Laney