Re: Smooth Trot

I totally agree with Wendy.  When I bought Blue his trot was like a
trampoline and his canter like a cow's. He would stumble a lot, was gangly,
had his head cranked up way high and in general had a real sloppy way of
going. Through a lot of conditioning, engaging of his rear end, dropping
his head and rounding his back he is pretty smooth now and Blue has a
slightly upright shoulder too.  So I too believe smoothness of gaits has
more to do with conditioning and how the horse uses its body then
conformation.

                                 Cheryl Newbanks
                ~~ ^ ^       Just In Time Ranch
~~~\   _  ~~/ /\ /       Buckeye, AZ