endurance saddles - types

Hi Kimberly, both Lindas and everyone else interested in endurance saddle
types. I'll run the risk of "cluttering the list" since I'm not able to
make it across the country to convention.  	I've written a sort of
"endurance-saddles-for-dummies" book:
	"Choosing a saddle for endurance and long distance riding" (available from
Filaree Press, PO Box 1361, Carmel Valley CA 93924 for $10.)
	Since endurance saddles usually have to be bought by mail order, sight
unseen, I wrote the book to give the reader/rider information to help
analyze which type of saddle is going to be best for them and their horse.
I include some history of saddles and riding: why english and western
saddles are different, where and how sidebar and semi treeless saddles came
to be; a description of the 4 types of saddle underpinnings (the part for
the horse): panel/english, skirted/western, sidebar and semi treeless.  I
discuss how the saddle should fit the rider too. I also include tips on
being a good shopper because "the hunt" for the perfect saddle is hard
enough, saddles are too expensive and our horses backs too precious to risk
making a poor choice out of ignorance.
	For more info email me privately.  Happy trails, Laney
PS I will be at the west region tradeshow, March 14th.