Re: Stumbling

YES. Star was a champion stumbler. I had him checked by the vet,had
chiropractic work done on him, worried about navicular. But as he and I
ride more and more, his stumbling has become less and less. The farrier has
shortened Star's toes in back, mostly because he overreaches a lot, but you
have to be careful with that or you can end up changing the horse;'s gait.
After watching Star closely, the farrier decided he was mostly lazy and not
picking up his feet.

After a year of riding him, he rarely stumbles now. When he does, it is
usually a sign that he needs his hooves trimmed.

chris paus