RE: wide gait in hind end

You wrote:
>>In my experience, the wide gait is desirable, enables the horse to
trot
>>with
>>more drive, significantly lowers the risk of both interference and
>>forging, is
>>related to conformation that allows the horse to round the back, and
>>DOES run
>>in family lines.

Questions:
In your opinion does this produce a smooth trot for the rider?

Do you think that horses with smoother trots to ride are more
conformationally sound for endurance?

Does high action which is predominant in the Arab park horse type equate
to a bouncy hard trott for the rider?

And lastly, what family lines do you feel produce this wide action
behind type of trott?

Thanks,
Suzanne
e-mail: ssolis@lg.com