Re: ride food

Sorry to say this, but all those sweet Gu, Powergel etc. things sound truly
gross! I can't stand anything sugary on rides, as I find it gives me
headaches. Afterwards is a different matter, though, I like musk sticks, lots
of coffee and bacon and egg toasted sandwiches with lots of cooked onions!
During the ride I like diet carbonated drinks, water, coffee, leftover pasta
meals, instant noodles, packet chicken soup, apples or fruit of some sort,
BBQ chicken-mainly savoury things which have some staying power in the gut! I
can't stomach any Powerade type electrolyte drinks either, so I have to watch
dehydration. Breakfast is the difficult one, I think those breakfast bars are
way too sweet, and porridge would be good, but it takes too much preparation,
so I tend to go for toast or crumpets with honey or Vegemite. Sometimes i
think it would be easier to be a horse and just eat hay or grain!?
Carol and the gang.