Re: beet pulp pellets

> I think that someone on here, Susan G? maybe that said there should be no
> ill effects for the horse to eat it without soaking in some instances?
> I'm not sure, don't do that personally, but have had a friends mare get
> into her beet pulp pellets--dry--and she was fine after eating some. She
> loves it wet, but didn't get so gung ho on the dry though.

I don't like feeding anything over a cup or so of beet pulp without
soaking it---alot of people do feed appreciable amounts of it dry, and
get away with it, but other horses HAVE choked on it or had tummy
troubles after eating alot dry, taking a big drink, then having it
expand in the tummy and gut.  My motto is Better Safe Than Sorry.  If
nothing else, most horses seem to like it wet alot better than dry, so
why not keep them happy?

Susan Garlinghouse