Re:Bits to Hackamores

There is a wonderful hackamore type that is perfect for the endurance or trail
rider.  It's called the Arabian S bit.  Which is silly, it has no Bit!  You
can get this from Sportack.  At our ranch we trail train a lot of X Arabian
race horses.  This is what we put them in after 14 to 30 days of training.  It
has a very short shank so the horse can eat and drink without anything getting
in the way.  I personally use this hackamore on my own horse and my husbands.
We have about 21 endurance horses/riders at our ranch and I would say about
1/2 of them are using this hackamore with no problems.  If you need to use
anything to keep the head down this hackamore is still great for that.  I
would say we've been using this hackamore for about 7 years now.  Hope this
helps out.

Tammy & Katie Bar The Door
Trail-Rite Ranch