Re: Auto vs Stick

A gear splitter
> would be $2k, invalidates the warranty for anyone who still has one; I
> had to chuckle at blasting through the "extended 2 yr warranty"
> mileage-wise in less than a year.

OK, so can anyone tell me what a gear splitter is?  Is it something like
adding a "granny gear" down at the bottom end---our big trailer gets
pulled just fine also on the flats but I worry that I may someday have
to go slowly up a big hill and need something more.

Re blowing through the extended warranties, I think my husband David
wins the prize---we bought him a new Honda and he blew through the
100,000 mile warranty in 18 months!

Susan