Re: ride food

For in-the-pocket-energy, I love Clif bars. Most outdoors stores carry them
and sometimes Costco, and some grocery stores. Shop around for the best price.
In my area, they are $.89/ea at Trader Joe's, but over $1.00 at REI. Various
flavors, but my favorites are Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chip Peanut. They
have other "fruity" types and even an espresso one if you need the caffeine
boost. These are more like granola bars and no nasty after taste/burps like
Power Bars.

Power Bars are NASTY! As is Gu (Goo) and Power Gel, etc.

Pre-ride:
Not much of anything. Stomach was too upset. <grin>
Clif Bar about an hour or so later did the trick.

Beverage wise:
Gatorade (original flavor) (on trail in my water bottle)
Carbonated beverages (Coke, Pepsi, Mountain Dew, 7-Up, etc)

Lunchtime:
Cheese
Melba toast
Pepperoni
Campbell's Chicken Noodle Soup (would be awesome I bet, but haven't tried it
yet)
Fritos, Cheetos, Potato Chips
Raisins
Cookies

Post ride:
Beer (REALLY GOOD beer, like Red Hook, Pyramid, Spanish Peaks, Widmer. No Bud,
Bud Light, cheap beer, etc.) (this is assuming I am not the one driving home
right after we're done, of course)
Pasta
Hot dogs

Elizabeth Johanson & CA Royalty (Ariel)