Re: wide gait in hind end

Kathy Myers wrote:
> Actually, some good Arabs move quite wide in rear too...
> is it a pedigree thing?

My husband's TB/QH cross travels this way.  He is very atypical for a QH
cross...(sadly mistaken for a Standardbred or Morgan something cross)
He "squats" and "spreads" as he picks up a big, ground eating trot that
has been clocked by car at 22 mph.  Too fast for Rocket & I to keep up
with at a trot.  Doesn't sound breed related, to me.  Major learned to
do this over a period of his first 2 years of conditioning.

Linda Flemmer
Blue Wolf Ranch
Bruceton Mills, WV