Re: Next endurance prospect

David and Striders: Now this is one I'll have to defend or at least have
some fun with.  My first go with horses was with playing polo.  Its right
up there as having as much fun, maybe  even a tad more.  Some of the
parties after a match were outstanding! And the women. Oh, how they liked
to hang out with polo players.  Actually they wern"t seasoned women ,
rather just young ladies.  But back to the horse part.  A good, made polo
horse will actually foow the ball.  Something a green endurance horse just
wouldn't do.  Maybe in time.  I had a GREAT thoroughbred cross mare thaat I
retired, bred her and sold the colt for $1,000.  With the option from the
seller that if he was ever to sell Speedlimit that I had first right of
refusal.  Several years later I get a call, and its the owner of
Speedlimit. He has an offer and if I want him the price is $10,000.  By
then I was doing endurance and I let Speedlimit remain a polo horse.
Point:  He went  out the barn a a very fair price and several years later
could have been purchased back at a fair price because I know  what it took
to make him. Every horse is made to do a certain type of job.  It is our
responsibility to find the right slot for the horse.  Depending on the slot
and the current market conditions for the critter will get you to the
price. Just my $2.00 worth.  And thanks for giving me a chance to smile a
little, thinking back on how much fun polo was and  the horses that went
along with the sport.  Jerry Fruth...Hickory Ridge...Standing ...JABASK
KNIGHT