Re: "forms" of beet pulp

Wolgram's wrote:

> I live in NW Colorado and cannot find a source for beet pulp other than
> what the feed store owner is calling "beet pulp pellets."  Are these OK to
> soak and feed the same as the regular beet pulp?  Do they absorb as much
> water?  Are the nutrients, fiber, etc. content the same?  If pellets are
> not recommended, does someone know where I can get the shredded, dried beet
> pulp?
> Thanks....Betty from Craig

Hi Betty,

The pellets are just fine.  Nutritionally, just the same as the loose,
shredded form.  It will take a little longer for the pellets to fully
soak up maximum water as the total surface area is less in a pellet than
in the smaller shreds.  Just allow plenty of time for them to soak, and
allow 2 parts water to 1 part beet pulp by volume.

Good luck!

Susan Garlinghouse