shoeing advise

From: g utech
Email: userzeus1@aol.com

I am new to the sport of endurance riding and competitive trail.  Living here in Florida, with soft sand throughout most of the state, the majority of folks do no shod their horses.  We are about to enter training and need suggestions, locations of additional information, and all around knowledge to speak intelligently with the farrier about shoes.  Can you help?
thanks Greg& Dorothy