Re: Bits to Hackamores (reply)

>>PLEASE DO NOT use my rope halter by itself on the first endurance ride your
horse does.  You should try it along with your usual gear so you can be sure
that you can control your horse.  I always advise using two sets of reins <<

Lucy, I gotta agree with her on that.  I don't know anything about her
rope halters, but I do know that Lakota is the most laid-back, easy-going,
SLOW starting, non-competitive Ay-rab you've ever seen in your life, and
he took off like a bat out of hell at Long Leaf, bucking down the trail,
totally shocked my socks off.  Fortunately, thanks to Cheryl Newbanks'
earlier warning, I had switched his usual loose-ring snaffle for his curb
bit (same mouthpiece for comfort, different action), or else I would have
pulled on his mouth till the blood vessels in his lips burst.  Seriously.

At the start of a ride, there's a kind of electricity in the air, and all
the horses feel it and catch the fever -- kinda like a bunch of teenagers
at the prom. :)

Glenda & Lakota (bucking?  me?  never!)