New Zealand Blankets

Re the talk of coolers and blankets:my "New Zealand" blanket has been
superb.It is extremely heavy,dense weave waxed "canvas" or "Jute" or
somesuch,over wool felt. You can put it on a soaking wet and severely
chilled horse,add hay,and he'll emerge dry and warm after several hours.
The wool felt also will be dry,the moisture having evaporated upward
through the canvas."Water-proof yet breathable"  of course is also the
way Gore-Tex performs,but unlike Gore-Tex the New Zealand seems pretty
indestructible.Not cheap,but money well spent.P.S.I have TWO sprained
wrists today,but this time it was my fault and not Chico's.He knew HE
could fit under the Locust branch,and nobody told him whoa or
anything,so.....