portable corral panels

Does anybody have any suggestions on what to use to keep the metal panels
from making so much racket?  The horses just have to barely bump into them
(usually when they push the hay around and are eating) and it makes the
most irritating sound.  After a ride they love to rub their heads/faces on
the panels as well.  Bungee cords help hold them in place so they don't get
disconnected, but it would be really nice to find a way to keep them quiet!!

We've even gone as far as putting a hotwire on top..which kept them from
touching the top of the panels, but didn't keep them from pushing their hay
into the bottom.  Using hay bags only makes them bang them into the
trailer, which is also annoying.  Have tried putting the hay into a big
bucket.  They end up pushing the bucket into the fence.  Put the hay in the
middle.  That works for awhile.   It ends up getting pushed around, or else
they end up urinating on it and then it goes to waste.

Oh well, it's not as if I sleep anyway.

Happy Trails,

Karen
in Gardnerville