Re: AERC completion time rule - feedback wanted

>From: VMAXEPT <VMAXEPT@aol.com>
>Date: Wed, 14 Jan 1998 01:57:00 EST
>To: ridecamp@endurance.net
>Subject: Re: AERC completion time rule - feedback wanted
>
>another comment.. I THOUGHT the original concept of the time.. was to
ride at
>a MIN speed of 5mph.. thus the 24 hrs for 100 miles.. did the founders
.. ie
>Wendal and Co.. consider all the vet stops.. AHA-- TEVIS has GATE and
go ??
>like in no holds but 2 ? or 3?.. so you could vet through and stay on
the
>traill.. of course you may NOT make it..
>What were the races of ole like --no holds right?  gate and go or a
fixed hold
>time without regard to recovery? Was the hold time in the 24hrs?  or
was it-
>24hrs Riding TIME..>>

Roger & All.

Another aspect you must consider.  I have it from reliable sources that
some older Tevis courses were only 87 miles (although they called it
100).  Can you see where this further invalidates the 24 hour rule?

Lindavan, Buhni, Sunny, Fiddler, Rabbit & Rain Maker
Equine Athletes <equine_athletes@hotmail.com>
2921 Moore Lane, Fort Collins, CO  80526
970-226-1099