For vets, males, and stallion owners

I hesitate to ask this question, however, I have been unable to find an
answer anywhere else, so....

After the third day of the Death Valley ride my stallion's balls were
EXTREMELY hard (not everything, just his balls).  They were not drawn up
into his body (which is what he does when it is cold--and I consider
normal), but hanging quite low and hard as rocks.  They were a normal
temperature but a little bit (not much) more sensitive to the touch than
usual.

Can anybody tell me if this is a not unusual phenomenon after exercise
(never noticed it before, but then I don't check after every ride), or if
it is a normal occurance for some other reason....or is this something
that I should be concerned about?

Sorry for the rather indelicate question, but I couldn't think of any
other way to ask it.

kat
Orange County, Calif.