Horse(s) wanted; possible trade

I have a friend who would like a seasoned horse calm enough for
beginners. One that is no longer able to do 50s or 100s, or just never
had the dispositon for it, but maybe could do competitive trail rides or
25s would be fine. She has had horses virtually all her life, lives in
the country, treats her horses very well, and would not sell if that is
part of the deal.

I personally would be interested in a similar horse, but a mare, and
might be willing to trade a 3-year-old filly started under saddle. This
filly is a sweetheart, very calm and willing. Was imprinted. She has
been clipped, bathed, etc. She is grey, with Egyptian, Crabbet, and
Polish racing bloodlines (Moniet El Nefous, Rissalix, Partner, *Forsa).
Since we are breeders, I can't justify keeping geldings to IRS, so I
would need a mare. This would be a horse for my husband, who is a
beginner, to ride. A horse that could just do short trail rides--maybe
no more than 10 miles, would be fine in this case.

Thanks to all who reply

Susan Felker
Black Ridge Arabians
http://www.swva.net/blackridge      felker@swva.net