Chondroitin Sulphate

Hi All,
Sorry to ask this again, but I lost the info I had before due to someone
'cleaning' out the folder it was in!? (And I thought I was fanatical!?) The
question I ask is would anyone who sent me info on Chondroitin Sulphate,
please repost me privately? Is this the same as Adequan or Cosequin? Tom
Ivers, you told me what it is sold as here in Australia-lost that post too! I
have a friend whose horse is underweight, and although not in hard work, just
gentle rides, she is worried he may be in pain due to arthritis in his knee.
He mostly does not seem to be lame except after heavy work, and she just
wants to see him happy and pain free. A friend told her he should be put
down, but as he does not seem to be stressed, she is reluctant to do this. H
edoes not look really thin, either, just a little under, and he IS an older
horse. Any other suggestions (he's had blood tests, teeth, flexion etc. done
by the vet, but this vet is not familiar with CS) would be most appreciated.
TIA,
Carol and the gang.