Re: Barrel racing sattel

Hi. I started out in a barrel racing saddle, but have gone through 11 other
saddles, western and english endurance and all purpose types.

The most important thing is how the saddle fits your horse -- you are going
to be on its back for a long time. And how it fits you. My barrel saddle
caused cramps in my feet, my legs and bottom ached after more than 2 hours
in it!

If it works for you, fine. I've seen people compete in all kinds of tack,
even bareback. But don't be surprised if it makes you sore.

The weight of the saddle isn't as important as how well it fits. I had a 12
pound saddle, that caused sores on my horse and was horrible for me. Iknow
ride an 18 pound Aussie saddle that fits us both very well.

chris paus & star