Pendleton Challenge etc

Does anybody know if the Pendleton Challenge will be held this year?  I
think someone on Ridecamp said they thought it might be run for the last
time in April or May, but I haven't heard anything since.  This is the
best ride in S. CA for a new horse and Lord knows Taffy doesn't need a
difficult first ride.  If the ride manager isn't able to put it on
anymore how about finding someone to take over the position!

New subject.  I ride in an Aussie saddle with the over girth.  Does
anybody know if a string girth is made for those Aussie saddles?  The
only girth Taffy doesn't get nasty over are the Western string ones.  I
haven't found one in any of the on-line Aussie catalogs, but I may not
have hit them all.  Taffy is a very opinionated horse and I'm getting
tired of being nagged at whenever I try to tighten the girth.  I've tried
them all and the only kind she'll stand still for are the string ones.
Help.

Thanks mucho (see, those 2 years of high school Spanish did pay off!)
Tori   -  battening down the hatches as another storm rears its ugly
head.

PS - For all you folks that live back East, you'll have to pardon us
Southern Californians for the griping we're doing about all the rain (7
whole inches so far!!).  We are the ones that should be listening to you
moan.  All that snow and ice and no power, and you all sit there quietly,
patiently waiting for things to change.  How noble. While we in LaLa Land
pitch a fit over a little water.  Well,....get used to it!  Seriously, I
hope the worst is over for you and that no serious damage happened to
anyone.
Keep warm.  T-