Re: Barrel racing sattel

Hi Simone,

   You can not do any endurance riding on a horse less than 48 months
old, so you may have to try it on your QH or wait another year.  Any
saddle that is comfortable for horse and rider works great for endurance;
so if the barrel saddle fits the horse real well it should work - you can
help by using a real good pad underneath - (something which combines some
shock absorbtion with a breathable liner like wool fleece.)  Depending
on how hot your rides will be a QH can often be better for the Limited
Distance (25 mile) endurance rides because they are naturally calmer -
so they may recover faster while many of the arabians are snorting in
excitement until they've gone at least 25 miles. <g>.

Teresa