Re: Formalin??

Arabryder wrote:

> I missed part of the formaldehyde thread but did see mention of formalin.
> I've been using a product called Thrush Buster.  Ingredients (in order) are:
> water, isopropanal, formalin, P.V.P iodine complex, gentian violet.
>
> Is anyone familiar with this product?  Considering the thread, I'm wondering
> whether I should continue to use it?
>
> Diana

Diana, I've used thrush buster and it's a good product.  I doubt if
there's enough formalin in there to harm you unless you're planning on
drinking the stuff---however, wearing gloves would probably be a good
idea (if nothing else, so your hands aren't stained by the gentian
violet), try to avoid the fumes as much as possible and don't wear
contact lenses while you're using it---contacts don't exchange gases
fast enough and fumes can build up behind them and damage or irritate
your eyes.

Susan Garlinghouse