Re: Pony prices and training...Trish & pretty David

<< Did you go through the roundpen training with David,...I mean, really
 go through it?

 It didn’t click as much with me until I saw a demonstration, and I
 understood the reasoning behind it.  But when you say it didn’t really
 work with you on David’s back, this is what clicked in my brain to ask.

 Kimberly >>

Dear Kim, you are right--I don't have access to a round pen.  JLyons says you
don't actually need a round pen, you can do it on a lunge line, but it is more
difficult.  I used the lunge line.  David is a perfect gentleman on the lunge
line, whether I am lungeing the old fashioned way, with side reins and all, or
doing JLyons stuff.  But I have wondered if the JLyons training would work
better for me if I had a round pen.  Cost is a problem.  I am trying to scrape
up enough to buy a horse trailer, so I don't have to rely on other people's
generosity to get me to the rides--hard to even start endurancing without one.
In the ideal world, I'll have enough for both trailer and round pen this
spring.  We shall see.  The dressage seems to be working well--and I can do it
without a round pen.  But I'd like to do both.

Trish