Re: hoof hardeners and Yucca

I've tried just about everything on my horse's feet to harden them up:
Venice Turpentine, tincture iodine, a formaldehyde solution (which I
always managed to get on me:-(, even wrapped her hooves in pampers and
duct tape during a particularly rainy week (didn't work, very messy to
remove).  The best thing I've found is something called Pad Heel.  Made
by a friend of mine with Anico Vet Products; it doesn't have all those
nasty chemicals in it.  If anyone is interested, I'll find out her 1-800
number and post it.

She also sells a Yucca product for arthritis.  Anyone have any
experience with using Yucca?

Karen
Ormond Beach