Re: Pony prices and training (long)

I have to second what Chris Paus said about John Lyons training--in a
nutshell, all John Lyons training is is learning to see how the horse
perceives things and use that perception to further your goal in getting him
to do what you want him to do.  This is basic to all facets of horse training,
whether you call it the John Lyons method or not.  So much of riding a horse
in spooky situations (we call them "horse gitters") is anticipating how he
will see those things and giving him the time and space to work them out.
Well said, Chris.

Heidi Smith, DVM--Sagehill Arabians (Oregon)