Re: Next endurance prospect

On Sat, 10 Jan 1998 09:17:00 -0800 "Blankenship, Ann"
<ABlankenship@commerce.ca.gov> writes:
>Well Shelly, I'd LOVE to be able to pay the big bucks for my next
>horse.
> I don't think "willing" is the problem.  "Able" is the problem.  I'll
>never be in a position to pay $10,000+ for a horse, unless, of course,

I've got less than $1,000 in Kaboot, who is by a CT champion stallion and
out of a mare who did a few rides.  However,  Blue Cross Blue Shield has
over $13,000 invested in his training.  (One 6" metal plate installed in
my collarbone, and then removed 8 mo. later)  Maybe we could get them to
supplement our purchases of safer horses.  It might save them money in
the long run.

Seriously, The difference in a $1,200 horse and a $10,000 horse is
minimal in my experience.  The people I have run across who have given
that kind of bucks were simply foolish and wanted to brag about what they
paid.  More power to the seller.  They did them a favor.  Ffools are
dangerous with all that money in their pockets.

More often than not, once you get over $2500, the difference is how the
seller's farm looks, and whether the horse is body clipped.

Angie McGhee and Kaboot (who came with a clause that I owe another $100
if we ever win a ride)